Today, Abigail is joined by Abby Hummel to talk about how to live in the tension of joy and sorrow during the holidays.
Some helpful, moving articles written by a CAPC friend who has been walking through cancer:
- Contemplating Chemotherapy: Round 5 – What You Say vs. What I Hear with Chemo/Grief
- Contemplating Chemotherapy: Round 6 – Confusing Chemo/Grief & Coming Close
- A Feast that Swallows Up Death
Abby’s Chai Recipe
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A few whole peppercorns (pink peppercorns are delicious!)
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 piece of candied ginger
- 2 black tea bags (you can substitute rooibos tea for a caffeine free option)
- 1 cup of milk
- Put spices and tea bags plus 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to taste.